My Computer Got the Virtumonde Trojan Virus - Virtumonde Removal is Difficult But it Can Be Done

Virtumonde removal is difficult! But it is possible. I can confirm this fact from having had first hand experience of the difficulties it poses whilst trying to banish it recently from my own computer. It all started about 4 weeks ago, just before Christmas in fact. My computer started to display pop-up ads on a regular basis. Then I would get advertisements for random products. Plus I was receiving alerts warning me that my computer was at risk and advised me to purchase additional protection. On top of all this the performance of the PC slowed right down.

It eventually got to the stage where you couldn't hit a key on the keyboard without something appearing at random on the screen. I was spending more time trying to close things down or open task manager to end processes than anything else. At times task manager would not work and the PC would just freeze!

These are all symptoms of your computer being infected. I had no definite idea at the time what was happening. When I bought my computer it came bundled with McAfee Software and to be honest I'd never had a problem with it. I just naturally assumed that I needn't worry about computer viruses and such like as long as I was protected.

I mentioned the problems I was having to a friend who was a bit more computer literate than me and he suggested that I try SpyBot's free program. On running this for the first time it brought up virtumonde amongst other things. This is how I learnt that my PC had been infected with the virtumonde virus. Anyway, SpyBot then offers to remove the problems for you at the end of its scan and it ticks them off as it's doing it. I naturally assumed that that was the end of the matter but within minutes of me starting to use the computer again the pop-ups were back. It was no different.

I tried another couple of free programs - SuperAntiSpyware and SpyHunter but again on their own they were ineffective.

I eventually came across some virtumonde removal instructions written by a computer expert who seemed to know his stuff when it came to a virtumonde fix.

By using his guide together with a couple of tips picked up elsewhere I eventually managed to get rid of the virtumonde dll virus.

I have now written my own guide designed to help anyone who's computer has been infected.

0 comments:

Post a Comment