Serena Williams Foot Fault | What did Serena Williams Say

The Serena Williams foot fault controversy ended Williams' bid or the US Open, she lost to Kim Clijsters last night for a code violation. Serena Williams verbally assaulted a linesman after a footfault was called on her. Williams was actually losing that is why she was quite mad. Was it done intentionally so that she would not end being clearly beaten by Kim Clijsters? By losing that way Clijsters' win could be quite incomplete and Williams could say that she did not really lose that match. By she was clearly losing, whether she was defaulted or not she would have lost that match, it was clear. Now, what was it exactly that she said to the linesman? They say that it amounted to something like "I'd kill you". But here is an account of the conversation from Newsday.com:

Williams could not recount clearly what was said when she tried to join the conversation between the linesman, the umpire and Earley.

"I think she [the linesman] said [I said] 'I would kill you,' and I was like, what? I was like, wait a minute. But then I had misheard. She had never said that . . . She [the linesman] was like 'No, [Serena] didn't say that. She said something else.' I said, 'Oh, OK. I get it.'

"And I was totally fine, because at that point, I realized I got a point penalty and it was match point. What can I do? I'm not going to complain. It was what it was."

After the penalty point cost her the match, she walked over to a bewildered Clijsters standing at the other baseline and shook her hand.

"She said good luck and I hope you win," Clijsters said.

You can watch the video of the Serena Williams vs Kim Clijsters foot fault controversy here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment