Why Auctioneers Talk So Fast

Auction HammerI was watching one of them stupid auction programmes on TV by accident, I don't really know how it happened, but whilst it was on I realised that I didn't understand a word the auctioneer was saying.

I originally thought it was because the faster they sold an item, the more money they would earn; however I have not found any evidence of this... What I did find is that they talk so fast to keep the bidding alive and interesting, because people would lose interest if it was slow and boring.

It's not always the case that they talk fast too, most auctioneers don't exactly talk fast, they just shorten and join the words together, an example of this that I have found would be "Will you give" = "Illyagive". So it's kind of like when we’re talking and say "gonna" instead of "going to", but auctioneers do it with all their words.

Talking like an auctioneer isn’t easy too, they actually spend a lot of time on practicing this. Here's a link on how to talk like an auctioneer, let me know how it goes for you, Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment