Makeup Expiration Dates

When it comes to food, I am highly aware of expiration dates. As in, no way would I ever even consider ingesting something that has expired. Well, knowingly at least. I gross out pretty easily too. I am open mined and am willing to try most foods at least once. With the exception of bugs in my food. Even the tiny little buggers that do not get rinsed off fully in, say... lettuce. Or, this HUGE gigantic thing that was in my Chinese take out the other night, eww gross. nasty. My whole tummy just does a flip and I can not look at the meal any more. I have noticed that for some reason, hairs, bugs, odd other random things, tend to always be in my meals. My mom makes fun of me because she, on the other hand, could be on Fear Factor and eat anything without even flinching.

I have also noticed, that people like to take you down with them, when something has either gone bad or tastes gross. They take a bite, make a face, sound a gut wrenching noise that carries across an entire vocal range spectrum, and then go "this is gross, here try it" or "I think this has gone bad, smell/try it". Seriously? You actually need me to confirm this for you? Thanks but no thanks, lets just take your word for it.

So, I wonder why I am not so on top of makeup expiration dates? I know the rough estimates when foundations, shadows, glosses, etc. have gone bad, but I do not actually follow them so well. Gasp. I know. Tisk tisk, Iva! Anyway, Cargo has a little something that I think would, hopefully help me actually pay more attention to expiration dates.



Lipgloss can grow bacteria pretty quickly, as we double dip the wand. Saliva, along with the formula, creates an environment that bacteria thrives in. At most we should hold on to a gloss 6-9 months {if you even have it that long :) }. Cargo has come up with an nifty little solution. They've embedded their glosses with Timestrip technology. We press the timing strip down into the cap of the lipgloss tube, and the Timestrip window will turn red with time. After nine months have passed the entire window will be red, and it is time to part ways with the gloss.


0 comments:

Post a Comment