My August 'Yatra' month!


Hey guys,
Really don't kill me for not updating the blog; this whole August month has been like a 'Yatra' month. I had gone for the semi finals for the 'Maha Yatra' show, to be aired soon on Star Plus in October. It's a reality show & I went as a celebrity guest. We went to Rudra Prayag & my mum accompanied me there. The entire region is blessed with immense natural beauty, places of religious importance, lakes and glaciersIt is the point of confluence of rivers Alaknanda andMandakini. My mother wanted to go to Badrinath as well, so we went there too. It was a nice journey & we had a peaceful time. We headed to Hrishikesh & flew home the next day.
Soon I came back for the release of my Punjabi movie- 'Apni Boli, Apna Desh', that hit cinema halls on the 28th of August. The movie is doing very good & I'm grateful to the Almighty for its success. Our entire crew for this movie went to Amritsar, to visit the Golden Temple. I took a cleansing dip in its waters. I felt holy & purified, with a strange elevation. The Prasad they offered us was so tasty, that I took 2-3 bowls of it! Tongue I guess our little trip to seek blessings for this movie, is one of the reasons why it is thankfully doing well. In fact, it has even done better than the Bollywood flick Kissan. I had also gone to Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandar & Ludhiana for the films promotion.
After getting back from Amritsar, I headed to Rajasthan. The 'Venus' club here, gives shelter to widowed women and I am trying my best to support them. As a charitable gesture, I gifted them sewing machines & hope it proves useful to them. I also visited 'Khatu Shyam' with my mum & because it was his birthday, she insisted we do darshan there. We were present for the aarti & it was very, very beautiful.
So basically, my month of August was like a long yaatra. It was really nice & I felt very blessed at the end of it. I had not planned it to be a long, sacred trip. I got an opportunity to combine my work & self-time together. It worked out fantastic & Im back with a stronger & more positive attitude Smile
I know I have only been updating you all with what I'm doing & upto. But I have read all your comments & apologize for not having replied to any. They are all wonderful & please don't stop with them. I will get back to them soon & hope we continue keeping in touch
Love,
Shweta

0 comments:

Post a Comment